Saturday, January 9, 2016

Why I Write

   The undeniable desire to get words down on paper is strong, especially when those words turn into something greater. Words become pages, which develop into a story and people that seem real to you and others that read your words.

 Everyone writes for different reasons. Maybe you like to create things--places, people, or stories--or maybe you write because it relaxes you in some way. Eliminating your characters can be a real stress-reliever lol.

 I write for the rush. The undeniable desire to be someone else is strong at times. I can't deny the words that fly through my head. Every fight scene; every kissing scene; every idea sends a rush through my veins. This rush usually causes me to crank up my music, like now (good thing I took American Sign Language as my second language in high school because I turn it up loud enough that I could end up deaf one day). The beat of the music and the feel of the words causes the words to flow from my mind and down to my fingers.

 I write because I love it. It is as simple as that. I write to escape and be someone who can fight an enemy with one hand tied behind her back. I write to be someone who doesn't have to worry with things that I do, but instead, worry about escaping a labyrinth. When I write, my worries and the world around me fades away. I find myself in another world that I wish was real.

 I read for the same reason; to not be me for a while. I was going to the bookstore every month, and leaving with a stack of 4 or 5 books. Reading was an escape for me before I started writing. Though, reading doesn't compensate writing for me. They're not so different but I want to be the one writing the story for someone else. I have to write almost every day so the words don't build up in my system.

Happy writing! <3
www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment