Saturday, January 16, 2016

10 of My Favorite Quotes About Writing

   Here are some of my favorite quotes about writing :)


 1.  "I am a writer, therefore, I am not sane" Edgor Allan Poe

 2.  "Writing a book is like telling a joke and having to wait 2 years to know whether or not it was funny" -Alain de Botton  

 3.  "If a story is in you, it has to come out" - William Faulkner

 4.  "I write to live and I live to write." - Unknown

 5.  "No one can tell your story so tell it yourself. No one can write your story so write it yourself" - 

 6.  "You can make anything by writing" -C.S. Lewis 

 7.  "Growing up is highly overrated. Just be an author" - Neil Gaiman

 8.  "A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper" - E.B. White

 9.  "Be ruthless about protecting writing days, I.E., do not cave in to endless requests to have 'essentials' and 'long overdue' meetings on those days" - J.K. Rowling

 10.  "Fiction is the truth inside the life" - Stephen King


Hope a few of these quotes encourage you to write this week :)
www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment