Saturday, November 14, 2015

Motivating Yourself to Write

   It's November, and you know what that means. It's National Novel Writing Month!

 While I'm not participating this year, I know that it can be a struggle to find time to sit down and write, and to also motivate yourself to sit down and write. It's a struggle.

 It's hard to write an entire book in 30 days! But I'm sure you can do it! Writing a book is a huge step, especially if this is your first book, so I thought I would share some ways to inspire/motivate yourself to write. Also, I know it's half way over now but I thought I would just share a few tips on getting yourself motivated to write. Better late than never!

 Reading a really good book always inspires me to write, especially if the book is by an author that I admire, because I aspire to write as well as them. Reading a book by an author you admire can challenge you!

 Listening to an upbeat song before you write, or during, can get your heart racing and give you that exciting buzz you need to get typing!

 Taking a small break can also help motivate you. If you're stressed from life then sitting down to write might not always be what you want to do, but if you go take a walk or just relax at home for a bit, I'm sure you'll feel refreshed enough to get cracking on that book of yours!

 Going out in your neighborhood can also inspire you! If you live in a city, you can go out and walk around for a bit, watch people and other things to

 Just do it! Sometimes the most helpful motivation is to just sit down and stare at your blank page for a bit until you feel like you're ready to get typing.

www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment