Saturday, October 1, 2016

Why I Haven't Been Blogging

   It's been a while since I've blogged. A long while. So, I kind of owe you an explanation.

I have 3 good reasons about why I've been gone for so long:

 Reason 1:  My classes have started back up again. They require a lot of reading and I hate textbooks so it takes a lot for me to read 60 pages a week haha. I actually haven't read for fun at all since classes started back mid-August. It's kind of sad, especially since so many good books have come out in the last few weeks and since I have many good books sitting untouched on my shelf (like Lady Midnight).

 Reason 2:  Between all the reading and homework for my classes, I've been editing Alone in Paris whenever I can. Editing is tough for me but I'm pushing on! I'm a little over halfway through editing. Recently, I had to delete a whole chapter to re-write it. It broke my heart and I still have to edit that chapter some more. My plan is still to publish next year and I'm hoping to release the book cover sometime soon after I finish editing.

 Reason 3:  I've also been going back and forth about making a decision about what school I want to transfer to next year. It hasn't been easy but I'm more-than-likely going to be moving next year. The first, and only, time that I've ever moved was when I was little so I don't remember it. So this is really scary for me and I've been thinking about it a lot, and I've had to make sure that my college credits will transfer to the state I want to move to.

 I'm dealing with all of these things at the same time, but I'm making it through it and figuring it out. I'm hoping that my workload will be less rigorous next semester so I can focus on getting Alone in Paris out there and possibly starting a new project next summer!

 Anyway, just wanted to share an update with everyone. Hope things are going well for the rest of you! Good luck with all your writing endeavors!

www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com

 I'm trying to keep in touch on social media so follow me on Twitter (@ashleyc_earley), Instagram (@ashley_earley), Tumblr, Facebook, and to keep in touch on editing updates for Alone in Paris, Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment