Sunday, March 27, 2016

What I Do While Waiting on Responses From Agents & Publishers

    Every writer reacts differently during the time they send out submissions to agents and publishers. But this is how I react and spend the time while I wait on responses about my book. I have serious mood-swings during this time...

 Right After Sending Submissions: Yes! I finished my novel, revised it, wrote a query letter and now I've sent out my first submissions. This is awesome!

 10 Seconds Later: Okay...Now I'm really nervous. What if no one likes it? What if it sucks? I don't know if I can wait 2-3 weeks for a response...

 A Few Days After Sending Submissions: Why didn't I edit my book one more time? I'm sure there are tons of mistakes. No one is going to want to publish it. The plot is stupid. The characters are weird. The writing is terrible. My writing sucks!

 A Week After Sending Submissions: I'm bored, maybe I should write. Wait, no! I can't start writing a new book yet! I'm too nervous to write another book when my last book is being criticized.

 A Few Days Later: I give in. I can't stand not writing. I don't care if my writing is crappy! I need to write!

 After I Start Writing Again: All of my ideas are stupid. This book is stupid. The book I sent out is stupid no one is going to publish it. I should just stop writing all together.

 A Few Minutes Later: I can't not write. I feel like I'm going crazy, I'll just write. It doesn't matter if it sucks or not, I just can't go without writing.

Happy Easter everyone!! :)
www.ashleyearley.com
www.ashleyearleybooks.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment