Saturday, October 10, 2015

Q&A: Author Ashley Earley

   Here's an interview I had with the lovely abookwithbea!

13980145


About this Author:
Ashley Earley is a 19-year-old author who lives in Georgia, where she’s working on her next book. When she’s not writing, she’s posting on her blog, reading, spending time with her friends, or obsessing over a book character. Her obsession with books started at the age of twelve, before developing a love for writing at the age of fourteen, when she wrote her first novel. [from Goodreads]
Note: She is the author of book ‘Darkest Light’ [Check my review of it in my previous posts] Here are some questions so that you’ll know her more!
  • What urged you to be an author?
Ashley: I was inspired to become an author for many different reasons, but mainly, I just love books! This quote from Toni Morrison is also a playing factor:
“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”
  • What’s your writing routine? Ashley: I don’t really have one. I try to write 10,000 words (roughly 5 pages) a day but that doesn’t always end up happening during the week, so I usually write as much as I can on the weekends.
  • What’s the hardiest and easiest thing about writing? Ashley: The hardest thing is finishing a book, because editing comes after and editing is not my strong suite. It’s difficult for me to spend days revising my own book when I’m ready to get started on my next one! The easiest thing has to be making up characters. I already know my characters’ personalities and how they will interact with others before I even have a title for my book lol.
  • Do you do lots of research for your books? Ashley: Depends on the kind of book I’m writing.
Check her out:

 
Thank you abookwithbea! Your questions were fun to answer!
Guys, please go check out her blog because she's super sweet and wonderful to work with!



No comments:

Post a Comment