Monday, June 1, 2015

First Post!

 Hi, everyone!

This is my first blog post, well, on this blog anyway. So exciting!

 So since this is the first blog post, I thought I'd start out by telling you a bit about myself. My name is Ashley and I'm homeschooled in Georgia, where I'm finishing up my senior year. Only a few months until I graduate! I am so ready for high school to be over. I have serious senioritis right now...

 I do a lot of things, most of them boring, but the one thing I really enjoy is writing. I've lost count of how many books I've written, but The Darkest Light is the first book I've decided to publish. When I'm not writing I'm usually blogging, reading, spending time with my friends, or obsessing over a book character (I ♥ Jace Herondale and Jem Carstairs!).

                     Me and my friends at prom this year <3

 I also love listening to music. I almost never leave the house without headphones and a pen (it's a writer-thing). I usually don't leave the house without a book either...I like young adult fiction of every and any genre.

 My favorite books include: Jane Eyre, The Mortal Instruments, the Trylle Trilogy, The Infernal Devices, The Summer I Turned Pretty, Maybe Someday, If I Stay, and last, but certainly not least, The Harry Potter series. If you really want to see me geek-out, ask me a question about Harry Potter. I'm sure I'll add more to this list :)

 Oh, and speaking of list; I'm obsessed with Goodreads. I'm on that website more than any other. It keeps up with what I'm reading, what I want to read and what I've already read. It's super easy to find new books to read. If you're an avid reader, you should definitely sign up!

  I write a blog with one of my book-geek friends. We have a lot of fun talking about the books we read :) Check it out by clicking on the button above or check out the link here: http://infinitybookreview.blogspot.com/

So, yeah, that's basically a few details about me. Don't worry, you'll get to know me more in future blog posts whether you want to, or not ;) lol. I want this blog to be a place where I communicate with my readers and tell them who I am, what I'm up to, and etc. But I should warn you: I don't know how good I'll be at writing about myself. I'm used to writing as another person, viewing things from a character's perspective. But that's when I'm someone else. I don't usually write about myself. I haven't kept a journal in almost 2 years.

I guess we'll see how this goes :)

Talk to you more soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment